The Meltham Business Association (MBA) was established in May 2017 by Joanna Neville, of CPS Estate Agents. Together with a strong committee, MBA members and the generous contribution of the community, the MBA sets out to;
- promote Meltham as a business centre
- provide a platform for businesses in the area to network and promote their services
- be an advocate for the business community
- better serve the neighbourhood and local community by creating a one stop shop of information
- promote and support local events and charities
- contribute to and support local schools and nurseries; and
- support and expand community groups
- foster friendly relations between businesses in Meltham
- work for the further development and prosperity of Meltham Village
- develop and maintain good working relationships with the Town Council, Kirklees, it’s departments and parish councils in the area
- create cooperation and sustainable relationships with local organisations
The first meeting was attended by a wonderful 12 local business owners, volunteers and those who simply want to contribute. Since then the MBA has expanded at a remarkable rate with several members currently signed up and more still coming on board as well as a growing interest and attendance at our general meetings.
Having recently taken ownership of the Annual Meltham Scarecrow Festival, from our remarkable Retired Over 60's, the MBA continue to work alongside our respected elders, to host and promote this renowned festival and asset to Meltham.
Meet the Meltham Business Association Committee